11.23.2009

On lunch

I count myself extremely lucky to work more-or-less down the street from Barbara Lynch's Sportello.  Not only is it a great place to go out for lunch (as infrequently as that may occur), they have a phenomenal take-out selection.  In addition all sorts of baked goods, the refrigerated case is filled with soups, salads, pastas, and polentas, and a bakery case contains the flatbread pizza of the day, in addition to more salads and sandwiches premade on mini baguettes.



 (my phone really does not do this justice)

Today I chose the amazing spicy tomato soup (in the restaurant, it's served with cheese crostinis) which came with a slice of the bread of your choice (whole grain for me; a generous amount), and wild rice salad with feta and pine nuts (and golden raisins, parsley, red bell pepper, and red onion).  Great texture with a light dressing, slightly sweetened by the raisins.

And a pistachio macaroon, of course.



1 comment:

Hannah L. said...

Haha I work with a Barbara Lynch!