8.19.2009

A new beginning, of sorts

I am blogging. Yet another one amongst many, and writing about food, at that. No, I haven't been inspired by Julie & Julia, in fact I think I'm delaying seeing that movie to avoid just that. But nonetheless, here we go.

I've decided to write about food for a few reasons, but primarily that it happens to be one of my main interests. I have no formal education in the subject, I've never cooked for more than a party of six or so, but it's something I'm passionate about. I enjoy food -- the sights, the scents, and mostly, the taste. When I travel, visiting the local markets is at the top of my list. I've become the resident Boston restaurant expert amongst my friends and colleagues. And given the size of my kitchen, I'd say I'm a pretty good cook. Does this make me qualified to write about it? Probably not, but I'll give it a shot (Clotilde and Molly Wizenberg had to start somewhere too).

So for my inaugural post, I'll leave you with a photo of some truffles at a market in Munich, approximately this time of year in 2007. Please bear with me as I play with formats, topics, and writing styles. This will surely be an interesting journey ahead!


4 comments:

Dave Miles said...

pluots?

Unknown said...

Amazing start, Emily!! You will definitely be on my RSS feed! You are lucky to have so many great restaurants to write about - we are envious! Kristin

Nancy said...

Hi Emily

Heard about your blog from your mom! Loved reading your articles!!


Nancy

Unknown said...

Hi Emily -

Your father forwarded your blog. I oversee the diner at Michels Corporation. I have really enjoyed reading your blog. You are a very talented writer and I look forward to reading your future adventures in the culinary world.

Eiko