10.24.2009

A hiatus

The date is fast approaching -- I'm moving next weekend.  This, of course, means that all of the associated tasks and emotions begin right about now.  To that end, I'll probably take a little time off from blogging as I deal with packing and settling in my new place.

a goodbye to my apartment

 

Cooking generally isn't an activity that calms me down, except in specific situations.  Usually I'll pick a recipe that involves too much chopping, or timing, or effort, increasing my level of stress until I'm saved by something delicious at the end. 

This one is different: warm, comforting, and incredibly quick.  All it takes is polenta, a jar of spaghetti sauce, and some cannellini beans.  All pantry staples (well, maybe not if you're emptying out your pantry in anticipation of a move...) and pretty much fool proof. 

Really it's a 1, 2, 3...
  1. Make your polenta:  3 parts salted water to 1 part polenta, plus butter, cheese, or whatever else you'd like to add
  2. Heat up the sauce and add the cannellini beans
  3. Serve and calm on down...

No comments: